What you will learn:
- Learn the science of how to bake the most reliable, flavoursome cakes used for stacking
- How to make smooth Swiss meringue buttercream including a discussion on ingredient adaptations
- How to make American buttercream
- How to professionally learn to level, layer and fill your cakes to ensure an even overall appearance
- Why we use particular buttercream for different cake jobs in the industry
- How to use chocolate ganache for stability
- How to crumb coat your cakes to a professional finish and sharp edge
- How to perfect the SUPER sharp buttercream edge that’s been taking over the cake catwalk
- Comprehensive knowledge of how to colour buttercream and discussions on the best leading products
- How to stack and dowel a two-tier buttercream cake securely
- Knowledge and discussion on how to transport buttercream cakes
- How to achieve the artistic watercolour effect through the buttercream
- How to work with edible, state of the art decorations to bring your design to life
- How to apply edible gold leaf to buttercream
- How to throw edible paint in an abstract, Jackson pollock like manner
- How to use easily accessible products to make your cake SHOW STOPPING
What you will take home:
Not only will you go home with an exquisite real 2 tier buttercream cake you have made from start to finish, oh no!
- An insight to processes, products and knowledge direct from industry experience.
- New cake friends
- Certificate of excellence
- Confidence boost
- An excessive amount of cake to either preserve, eat or admire for days on end
Skill level: Beginner to intermediate
Timings: The class will run from 10.30 - 4.30pm (30min - 1 hour lunch break)
Please note the class may run over dependant on the skill level and speed of the students on the day.
Please note that images are for illustrative purposes only. Colours and design may vary slightly on the day of the workshop
Unfortunately please be aware that videos are not permitted in any shape or form within the workshop walls, however, you are more than welcome to snap away for visual purposes.
Please check 100% that you are confident you are able to attend the dates booked for a workshop as unfortunately there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event, a workshop is cancelled, a full refund will be made or alternatively a transfer to another class of the same value. For further information regarding booking please refer to the terms and conditions. Alternatively, give us a call on ....or email.... and we would be happy to help and advise.